Search the Silliness

Friday, March 13, 2009

crunchy

Today I felt kind of old. First off, facebook changed and I don't know how to join a group. This is a problem. I feel behind the times. I'm only 22!!!! PLEASE!!!
Feeling behind the times makes me think of something else:
As most of my friends know, I'm pretty organic, granola, environmentally friendly... and I am also very conservative politically. My mom says she calls us (yes, she is as well) "crunchy conservatives". Only today did it occur to me that I don't really know what "crunchy" means. I mean granola is crunchy, so I figured it meant the same thing. Ah the joys of urban dictionary! It's probably one of the most useful sites out there, especially for us old folks. Also, the Trinidadian translation of LIME, my beloved apartment, was found on this website. Just another reason why clearly, this is a great thing. ANYWAYS, I found that crunchy really does mean that I am environmentally friendly and implies an altered lifestyle.
And I do have a pretty different life than the average person I suppose. Today, after I offered Brian grapefruit for the fifth time this week, he looked into the big box of them in my kitchen and asked "Where do you get your food?" . Very good question, Brian. My grandma grows grapefruit (nice alliteration, Brian noted). My milk, I get from a farm, along with eggs and often chicken. I firmly believe that happy animals make happy people. And other than that, I drive around Charlottesville to get the best deals on healthy fats and fresh produce. In the words of Emilime: "mmm mmm good".









Off on a milk run!

3 comments:

  1. Which farm do you get your milk from?

    I found out (a few years after the fact) that sorority girls had labeled me as the crunchy girl that lived as 206.

    Hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my milk from Avery's Branch Farms. http://averysbranchfarms.com/
    My mom also gets milk from one in Suffolk
    http://www.fullquiverfarm.com/
    They do deliveries to Norfolk- all kinds of happy food that you'd love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah.

    I thought about getting a Thanksgiving turkey there. Only, I have yet to do the whole Thanksgiving thing on my own.

    ReplyDelete