Today I went to the new Arches on Emmet St. with Napatra. She immediately noticed the chalkboard-looking menu above us and asked if it was painted on. It was, indeed, "fontish"- the green letters were wide at the ends of the lines and everything was evenly spaced. Look again, next time you go. How many times have I been there and not paid homage to the menu? Napatra = budding brand design genius.
On a less beautiful note, besides me sits a chocolate cake. [Actually, a Texas Sheet Cake which I made for Anna's delayed birthday celebration.] I thought it would be nice to make it into a layer cake. I think it looks like a muddy stone. But I promise it tastes really good. That's why it is supposed to be a sheet cake and not a layer cake. Oh the lessons of life.
I've decided, in the spirit of blogging, that I will not edit my posts after writing a chunk. I think it's more organic to let it be more of a flow of consciousness.
**"It's the most overused alphabet on the planet... they need to retire it. They could use Russian letters- they're much more interesting"- Marian
I think biology is beautiful too
ReplyDelete