Betsy gave me the book Prayer by Richard Foster. These quotes and the following prayer are taken from it...
Tears are like blood in the wounds of the soul
Whoever wishes to advance in building up virtue will do so through weeping and tears
Oh Lord, how do I let go when I am so unsure of things? I'm unsure of Your will and I'm unsure of myself... That really isn't the problem at all, is it? The truth of the matter is I hate the very idea of letting go, I really want to be in control. No, I need to be in control, That's it, isn't it? I'm afraid to give up control, afraid of what might happen. Heal my fear, Lord.
How good of You to reveal my blindspots even in the midst of my stumbling attempts to pray. Thank you!
But now what do i do? How do I give up control? Jesus, please teach me your way of relinquishment.
I read this prayer this morning and it searched my soul. What holds me, us, back from the freedom of complete trust in God? Is it the uncertainty of life? of jobs and finance, of living situations and relationships and health? Or is it that we want control? we want to be prepared for hurdles and shocks? Is it sometimes one more than the other? Is it a blurr of both? Are we afraid of uncertainty?
is this too meaningful for this blog?
i'm sorry.
but not really.
I love this, X! So glad that you're enjoying the book. :)
ReplyDelete