Search the Silliness

Friday, December 18, 2009

ants

There is a species of ants, (and beetles, according to Annie Dillard), that will get so caught up in what they are doing, that they follow each other around in circles until they dieThis is a lot like us as humans. I see someone excel at something and think "I have to be good at that". Ultimately our deep desire is to be wholly loved, and we think we can earn it by doing what other people do. I deal with this issue often; that's why I have this quote on the side of this blog "I am me and you are you..."
It's like:
When Peter saw [John], he asked, 'Lord, what about him?' Jesus answered, 'If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.'
(John 21:21-22)
Help.

2 comments:

  1. Find Pilgrim at Tinker Creek in google books and go to page 67... the insects are called "pine processionaries"... I was incorrect in saying they're beetles, apparently they're actually caterpillars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fabre can't believe his eyes. The creatures have had neither water nor food nor rest; they are shelterless all day and all night long..."

    ReplyDelete