Despite all that has happened, I still believe people are good at heartYesterday, Sarah Boschung and her mom took me and Alicia out to dinner. It was such a lovely evening and we shared a delicious meal of local fish and veggies at Ivy Inn. Our fellow patrons were celebrating "Cousin Luke's" birthday and they all had beautiful voices. We ended up spending the latter part of the evening enjoying their music and company. We even stood and sang the National Anthem together. Patriotism still exists!
- Anne Frank
Today, I had no cash and walked into Cville coffee. A kind stranger heard me ask about the nearest ATM and then just offered to buy whatever I wanted for me! She bought me a smoothie, what kindness!
So, with Anne Frank, my pessimism subsides today. It gives way to happy thoughts (and my Masters Qualifying Exam.)
No comments:
Post a Comment