Search the Silliness

Sunday, April 5, 2009

867-5309

It's so frustrating when a guy says
I'll call you some time.
The phrase is always better left unsaid.
What does it really mean?
Who plans such things anyways?
Why not, "It was nice getting to know you better. But that will be all."?
Ok, maybe that's hurtfully straight-forward. But seriously, if you don't want to call, then don't. But certainly do not say you will call if you do not intend to in the first place.

I sat next to a painful first date in Mudhouse today. I think the man must have been a professor because he was talking about nothing for a very long time and he seemed to think he was very right about everything. She was a surgeon. At the end of several discourses, he put the ball in her court and said she can contact him if she wants to see him again. Interesting option, Mr. Boring Professor. She said he knows how to reach her,too. oh! ball back on his side! What will the outcome be???

3 comments:

  1. I can totally picture you actually telling this story. You write like you talk. I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one movie in particular comes to mind right now...if you haven't seen "He's Just Not That Into You" then I think you need to get on that as soon as possible. By the way, Mr. Boring Professor got played at his own game, which I think is funny because most people don't catch on to the ploy of "you call me" as if the guy really wanted to see her again, he would. end of story haha. love the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameron, that movie is right on (aside from the proliferation of make-out scenes). I think many girls/women would benefit from such advice.
    Interesting point about our Professor friend... glad you like my silly thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete