Search the Silliness

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Georgetown

I think Georgetown is like an island.
Getting there: I think there are 3 bridges that lead there. When you're driving over Key Bridge it certainly feels like going on to an island. Reminiscent of trips to Balboa as a kid

When you're there,
people stand in lines a block long to buy $5 cupcakes. Did they not know that really good bakeries in DC usually sell them for $2-3.50? It makes me think of Hawaii, not that I've been, but I hear that the have to pay a lot for things there.
People pay $11/lb for raisins at Dean and Deluca. [Don't get me wrong, Dean and Decula is a beautiful splurge for the senses! I feel like I've been exported to France where they actually care what goes into what they eat, and present it like art. It's absolutely a fresh breeze of air in DC]  Did they just loose all ability to get to a grocery store? Whole Foods (there are 3 of which a whopping 2 miles away) sell beautifully plump organic raisins for $3/lb!
In general, it's cramped, as if urban sprawl was not a possibility.
Folks, Georgetown IS an island.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 Dean & Deluca. But I wouldn't pay $11/lb for raisins. I might pay it for cranberries that don't have sugar in them (or evaporated cane juice). Apparently, that's a rarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, where can you buy unsweetened dried cranberries!?!?! we should find a source

    ReplyDelete