Search the Silliness

Saturday, August 22, 2009

PDA

Last week, a young couple got on a crowded metro. Orange Line towards New Carrolton around 8 am. I happened to get on after them, at my Virginia Square stop. Space was allotted such that I was one person from the couple, and one person from the door, my back to the door as I had just entered the train. The couple was playing a pretty intimate game of kissy-face as I tried not to look straight ahead. It was all I could do to not giggle a bit at how unaware they were of their surroundings. THe game paused and they continued a somewhat serious but caring conversation. Oh! time to kiss again. This type of PDA, I decided was totally uncalled for and unneccessary. Couldn't they wake up ten minutes earlier and display their affection in a place that does not involve 100 of their closest friends?
Thus, for the sake of the populous, I have decided to compile a list

Appropriate PDA
Private transportation: boats, cars NOT scooters/
Quiet public beach, off season
Any natural habitat that is very quiet and unpopulated
Public parks at night (I guess the homeless men wouldn't mind?)
Door steps (please check regularly for innocent passers-by)


Inappropriate PDA
Public transportation, any time of day (hand-holding only)
Public beach, summer, day time (hand- holding and sunscreen application is acceptable only if done tastefully)
Frequently trafficked areas such as malls, train stations, airports, hotel lobbies

No comments:

Post a Comment